show / hide sidebar
Knee Pain – Symptoms, Causes and Home Remedies
Knee pain is a very common medical condition as it happens due to continuous wear and tear of the knee joint. It can also occur causing an unexpected knee damage, an overuse wound, or by a causal ailment, such as swelling. The bony structures compromising the knee joint (femur, tibia, fibula), the kneecap (patella), or the ligaments and cartilage (meniscus) of the knee are very sensitive parts as well.
Knee Pain Symptoms:
• It can be a dull pain or a sharp unbearable pain capable of making a person immobileKnee pain occurs from illnesses or disorders that include the knee joint, the spineless, nerves, tissues and bones. These tissue and bones surround the knee while the nerves that supply sleek feeling to the knee area, produce the pain sensations. Numerous diseases that cause knee pain could also further lead to severe inflammation, soreness, warmness, weakness, instability, tenderness, and stiffness of the joint.
Knee Pain Causes:
- Knee injury
Other Causes:Chondromalacia patellae (patellofemoral pain syndrome) is a universal term for pain which arises between patella and the underlying thighbone. This knee pain is very in athletes. People who have a minor misalignment of the kneecap also tend to have this type of knee pain.
Natural Home Remedies Using Coconut Oil:
- Take ½ cup coconut oil
- Heat the oil till it turns lukewarm
- Massage the oil on the affected knee joint
The massage improves the blood circulation in the region and provides relief from the pain.
Natural Home Remedies Using Bathu Leaves (or fat-hen):
- Crush some fresh bathu leaves
- Press on a sieve and extract their juice
- Drink 15 g of bathu juice on an empty stomach everyday
Natural Home Remedies Using Milk and Turmeric:
- Take 1 glass hot milk
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Mix well
- Drink every day
Natural Home Remedies Using Fenugreek Seeds:
- Roast and crush a handful of fenugreek seeds
- Take 2 tsp of this powder
- Add water to make a thick paste
- Apply on the affected area