show / hide sidebar
Natural Home Remedies for Increasing Breast Milk Production
It is a normal behavior worrying about your milk supply that is essential for your babies. According to experts, for increasing milk production, the breasts need more stimulation from babies however, some natural ways, (diets etc.) are there as well which will help women to increase their breast milk production.
Breast milk is a very important nutritional source for babies as it:
o Strengthens the immune system
o Increases memory and IQ
- Low milk supply can put the baby at risk of malnutrition
- The milk production can be limited due to:
o Any illness
o Consuming birth-control pills
- Certain hormonal disorders
- Infrequent breastfeeding by the mother due to cracked or painful nipples
Natural home remedy using fenugreek seeds and cow/goat/camel milk:
- Take some washed fenugreek seeds
- Crush them to powder
- Mix 1 tbsp of this powder in milk from a cow, goat or camel
- Drink 3 glasses of this milk every day
- It stimulates the milk producing glands. Diabetic and asthmatic women should avoid this remedy.
Natural home remedy using drumstick juice:
- Drink ½ glass of drumstick juice every day
- This will stimulate the mammary glands. It will also open up veins around the breast, which will increase the supply of milk.
- Keep the body hydrated by drinking water and juices through the day
- Have a nutritious diet and increase your daily calorie intake
- Using a warm compress on your breast before the feeding session increases the blood supply in the region