show / hide sidebar
Corn – Symptoms, Causes and Home Remedies
Corns and calluses are dense coatings of skin. They are instigated by recurrent compression or resistance at the spot where the corn or callus grows.
- Skin is thick and hardened.
- Skin may be flaky and dry.
- Hardened, thick skin areas are found on hands, feet, or other areas that may be rubbed or pressed.
- The affected areas can be painful and may bleed.
- Increased pressure and friction on the feet causes the skin around the affected area to harden up and for a
Corn. It could be due to:
o Tight footwear
o Hard shoe soles
o High heels
o Walking or standing for a long time
Natural Home Remedy Using Liquorice and Mustard Oil:
- Take 2 tbsp liquorice powder
- Add 2 tsp mustard oil
- Mix well
- Apply on corns before sleeping
- Let it stay overnight
- Apply this for a month
Natural Home Remedy Using Papaya:
- Crush papaya to make paste
- Apply this paste on the corn
- Wrap it with a cloth
- Leave it overnight
- Do this for a month
- Apply castor oil 3-4 times a day
- Wear comfortable footwear. It shouldn't be tight around toes or have a hard base
- Buy shoes with extra padding