show / hide sidebar
Homeopathic Treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
Attention deficit hyperactive disorder, also called ADHD, is a neurological condition diagnosed in infants, children and teens in which a person shows a specific pattern of behavior over time like inattention, impulsivity, and/or hyperactivity. Although some children outgrow ADHD, about 60% continue to have symptoms into adulthood. ADHD can be grouped into three categories:
1- Inattentive Type:with symptoms of being unable to focus, difficulty remembering things, forgetfulness, making careless mistakes because of poor attention to details, not listening, not finishing tasks, not following directions, and being easily distracted. Sometimes the child can have weak concept for language comprehension and thinking. They have difficulty connecting to language they read or hear. They cannot comprehend the content. They have difficulty expressing their ideas.
2- Hyperactive and Impulsive Type:with symptoms of fidgeting, restlessness, excessive talking, running around at inappropriate times, interrupting others and having difficulty awaiting turns.
3- Combined:This is diagnosed if the child shows symptoms of inattention and hyperactivity, impulsivity. Other symptoms of ADHD in addition to all of the above symptoms are:
• Difficult feeding.
• Refuses affection and cuddles.
• Head banging, temper tantrums.
• Bouts of fatigue and weakness.
• Poor or little sleep.
Most children suffer from ADHD due to one of the following reasons:
• Cervical segmental dysfunction due to some pressure or irritation in the neck or the junction of the neck and skull.
• Thyroid dysfunction.
• Allergies or intolerances to food, food coloring, or additives.
• Exposure of the fetus to maternal drugs, alcohol, cigarettes.
• Exposure of fetus to toxins like lead, mercury, cadmium, copper, aluminum, or polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB’s).
• Nutritional deficiencies like magnesium, calcium, iodine, iron and zine in the diet.
• Psycho-social problems.
HOMEOPATHY AND ADHD
There are a number of features that make homeopathy exclusive and desirable to parents of kids with ADHD. Rather than prescribing strong and addictive psychiatric drugs.
Homeopathic treatment of ADHD is constitutional taking a more holistic look at the individual. Every disease is considered as a mind-body process where your personality traits are as important as your physical symptoms thus taking into account diet, lifestyle, personality, surroundings and emotional factors.
Natural remedies are used to successfully treat the symptoms, helping the person to heal and to reach a state of balance and health. The natural approach is also safe with no side effects. This is very important, especially in the case of children, because of the frequent side effects of prescription drugs and the risk of addiction. Homeopathy offers a wider range of options that conventional medicine. Constitutional homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional homeopath is an excellent choice for the treatment of ADHD. Below I have noted some important homeopathic remedies which can be used for ADHD under the supervision of an experienced homeopath:
• Zincum metallicumis indicated for children who often make mistakes in writing and speaking. The action of homeopathic remedies is that they function as a channel for the body’s own inner healing mechanisms to go into action to correct health imbalances. Homeopathic remedies are concerned with the vital force of the individual, the dynamic which makes us alive and makes each one of us an individual. It creates a resonance within, which smoothly returns the whole individual back to health, and blooms the person into a vital state of health where peace, harmony and well being are in power.
Important Note: The articles are presented and provided by third party authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Saloni™ Health and Beauty Supply. Consult your doctor before commencing any health program as this piece is for edification only and is not intended to medically diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Consult a health care practitioner before beginning any health care program.