show / hide sidebar
Stretch Marks – Symptoms, Causes and Home Remedies
In dermatology terms, stretch marks are called striae or stria. Caused by scratching of the dermis, which over time may perhaps reduce, but will not fade fully. Stretch marks are frequently the result of the swift inflating of the skin related with quick development or prompt weight variations. Stretch marks could also be inclined by hormonal modifications related with adolescence, pregnancy, bodybuilding, hormone replacement treatment, etc.
- Stretch Marks Usually Appear On:
o Lower back
Stretch Marks Symptoms:
• Stretch Marks Are Thick Red or Purple Lines On The Skin
Stretch Marks mainly look as reddish or purple lines, but gradually incline to a lighter sort. The exaggerated parts seem hollow and are soft. Stretch marks arise in the dermis, the tough internal coating that aids skin to hold its shape.
- Over Time, These Lines Fade To White or Silver in Colour
Over time, these lines fade to white or silver in colour while these line (stretch marks) appear most often in places where extra amounts of fat are stored.
Stretch Marks Causes:
- Skin is made up of elastin, which is a soft elastic tissue. It makes the skin soft, supple and stretchable.
- Over-stretching of skin damages elastin resulting in stretch marks.
- Sudden weight change
- Rapid body growth during teenage
Natural Home Remedies Using Apricots:
- Cut and remove seeds of 2-3 apricots
- Crush them to paste
- Apply this paste on the marks
- Leave it for 20 min
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this regularly for 1 month
Natural Home Remedies Using Aloevera:
- Aloe vera has plant collagen which repairs the skin.
- Remove the thorns and outer skin of a few aloe vera leaves
- Extract the gel from inside
- Apply this gel on the stretch marks
- Leave it for 2 hr
- Wash it off with normal water
Natural Home Remedies Using Lavender Oil, Chamomile Oil and Almond Oil:
- Take ½ tsp lavender oil
- Add ½ tsp chamomile oil
- Add 2 tsp almond oil
- Mix well
- Apply on the stretch marks
- Apply petroleum jelly on the abdomen during pregnancy
- But do not do this without consulting your doctor